Monday, February 22, 2016

Big beds, bad ideas

Well, last night was my 2.5 year old's first night in a big girl bed. I sweetened the deal for her to actually STAY in it by stringing glow sticks on the metal headboard. Last night went soooooooooooo much better than I could ever have hoped.

Then came morning.

Did you know that the WORST alarm clock might be two angry girls screeching at each other WAY before time to get up?

Did you know that pulling wet pull-ups out of the diaper pail and throwing them at each other and anywhere else in the room is a new game?

Can you imagine how gross that makes a room smell? (I don't know if you can truly imagine...)

After rearranging the room, scrubbing...everything, and getting us all ready - we ran some errands in the rain. Littles love puddles. Invest in good rain boots for you. I opted for silver glitter rain boots - because GLITTER. Your comfort level and your pants will thank you.

By nap time, both girls were waning - until nap time. They spent 3 hours losing their minds and running amok in their room. They crashed an hour before they're supposed to wake up. I enjoyed an evening of grumpy girls, laundry, dishes, tuckered out hubs and taking out the trash.

Now I'm writing to you while squealing and giggling occurs in the big girl bed room. Surely they'll tire out soon. Right? Please?

Momma needs a nap.

What's your weirdest kid wake up event?

2 comments:

  1. Don here. Hi, Ginny! Since you asked...
    I was crashing at my sister's place and awoke early to find her youngest son watching Saturday morning cartoons. He was so engrossed that he did not notice me moving about, but I certainly noticed him... and the state of the living room. He sat amongst a pile of toys stolen from his brother and sisters room. It is worth noting that they were still asleep and some of the toys were as large as he; an impressive feat to be sure.

    After the toys, I noticed a trail of something powdery going from his seat to the kitchen. It was instant oatmeal! Yah! I followed it back to the source - still unnoticed - and found that he had opened every cabinet. Including the medicine cabinet! After a brief panic I confirmed that the child-proof containers lived up to their names, and I put them up on top of the fridge where he MIGHT be unable to get them. My path was clear after that. I went back to the den couch and back to sleep.

    I woke up several times after that, but it was not until I heard the vacuum cleaner and the tell-tale sounds of a four year old being fussed at that I dared to show any signs of life. Isn't it great when the problem children aren't yours?

    ReplyDelete